Business Development Manager
Due to business growth, we are currently recruiting for an exciting new position as Business Development Manager (home based) to cover the North West M6 Corridor. Reporting to the Head of Sales, Account Management and Marketing the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- The delivery of profitable new customers to the business.
- Sales and prospect development and market research.
- Provide market-based feedback on GTM’s pricing, products and technology.
- Meet all sales targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop in collaboration with the HoS, the business strategy to maximise growth and profit.
- Create a sales pipeline, working from inbound leads, prospects lists, cold calling, networking and independent research. Convert the pipeline to new business.
- Establish and maintain a prospect database that enables all Management, Sales Account Management and Operational staff access to accurate and timely client and prospecting
- Manage the entire sales cycle, including arranging and delivering demonstrations of GTM’s technology products where required.
- Work on formal bids and RFP’s where required, and build and create winning responses.
- Provide feedback from the market on GTM’s competitive position with regards to pricing, products and service.
- Participate actively in Sales Meetings and be responsible for the assigned territory sales activities, forecast reports and market intelligence.
- Support the team and be a team player.
- Engage team members and establish a positive working relationship with them.
- Develop successful cross-functional relationships
- Participate in activities organised by the company.
- The Company may from time to time assign projects which may not be directly linked to Sales but which will contribute to the overall enhancement of your career development.
Qualifications, Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Travel industry experience preferred, ideally in Corporate/Business Travel sectors.
- Hungry, tenacious and mentally resilient with proven experience of consistently exceeding sales targets.
- Comfortable selling at senior level and to procurement.
- Comfortable developing and communicating a tailored value proposition and differentiation to various audiences/function within a business.
- Minimum 4 years consultative sales experience and selling a service.
- Must be able to work independently and used to remote management.
- Comfortable travelling on business with frequent overnight stays.
- Must have commercial focus and an ability to translate numbers into commercial practicality.
- Technology savvy and comfortable delivering technology demonstrations of self-booking tools, management information and traveller safety platforms.
- Hands-on attitude, a self-starter and able to promote and execute changes.
For more information and to apply, please send a copy of your current CV and salary expectations to: